Want to join us and help us strengthen innovative European research? Check out our current vacancies below.
The Science Europe Office identifies and coordinates activities to increase the collective influence and visibility of the association in Europe and globally. The Office also provides input into the development of Science Europe’s overall long-term strategy and policy, and works closely with its Member Organisations to deliver results.
The Science Europe Office currently comprises a multicultural team of 12 staff members.
Science Europe makes it a matter of pride to respect the privacy of its applicants and to treat their personal data in the strictest confidentiality. Please see Science Europe's Applicant Data Protection Policy for more information.
Science Europe is currently recruiting:
Organised, efficient and proactive with a can-do-mentality and a strong focus on quality. If you recognise yourself in these qualities, then this job is for you! In this role, you will act as the Office Manager and you will be responsible for day-to-day organisation of the Science Europe Office, including in relation to HR, finances and facilities.
The application deadline for this position is Friday 4 September 2020.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of building and Office matters, including office supplies
- Act as contact for services providers, such as payroll provider, legal consultant, insurance company, training providers and accountant
- Oversee the management of invoices and provide regular expenditure reports to the Secretary General
- Provide input to the personnel budget, and monitor the operational budget
- Organise recruitment exercises, including placement of advertisements and managing applications
- Assist in the preparation of job offers, contracts and support documentation for new staff, liaising with external bodies as required
- Further develop, and keep updated, Science Europe’s HR policies (travel, work regulations, benefits, and so on)
- Responsible for the monthly payroll preparation, including communication of absences
- Assist in the preparation of Science Europe meetings and events
- At least degree level education
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international environment
- Proven experience with HR issues in a Belgian context, including knowledge of payroll, benefits, recruitment and social legislation
- Financial management experience
- Strong IT skills, including competence with spreadsheets
- Experience with provision of support for legal matters (GDPR, ...)
For more information on the position, the required competences, and how to apply, please see the full Office Manager job description.
Administrative and Personal Assistant
Organised, service-minded and proactive with a can-do mentality. If you recognise yourself in these qualities, then this job is for you! In this role, you will act as the Administrative and Personal Assistant to the Secretary General and Management team to support them in their daily work. Additionally, you will support the smooth running of the Association, including the provisions of general administrative assistance for our events and meetings.
This position is open until filled.
- Provide personal assistance to the Secretary General and Management team (e.g. travel arrangements, agenda management, expense reports, correspondence)
- Manage Science Europe’s reception desk, including switchboard services and general inbox
- Provide general office administrative assistance, including the logistic organisation of internal and external meetings and events, management of database of contacts, providing support for general office maintenance
- Assist IT maintenance and incident resolution by liaising with the external IT support
- Provide other minor office administrative tasks as required
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience in an administrative support role, preferably in an international environment
- Experience in managing a reception desk and with the provision of office-wide secretarial support
- Experience with the provision of IT support, including general upkeep of computers and devices, and liaison with external IT support providers
- Experience with the provision of support for facilities maintenance matters
- Experience in organising meetings/events
- Fluent written and spoken knowledge of English, as well as French and/or Dutch; any other European languages are a plus.
For more information on the position, required competences, and how to apply, please see the full Administrative and Personal Assistant job description.